Free Online Tutoring and More with Brainfuse
Get free online homework help from one-on-one tutors, daily from 2–11 PM. Available in English and Spanish, from early elementary through high school grades, in core subject areas. Video content and other resources are also available 24 hours a day. (En español)
Access Brainfuse with Your New York Public Library Card
Start learning with the Library's partner in one-on-one tutoring, Brainfuse. Log in with your library card number for access. Please note: library cards must have a home library selected. If you need to select a home library, log into your account and click on Settings to set your Preferred Pickup location. If you sign up for a card through SimplyE, you must complete this step once your barcode has been emailed to you.
Families and students without a New York Public Library card can apply for a digital library card using the SimplyE app. This app has been uploaded to all iPads issued by the Department of Education. Learn more about how to apply for SimplyE:
If you need assistance with Brainfuse, please contact Ask NYPL.
Get live, virtual expert help with these subject areas:
- Mathematics (including Basic Skills through Calculus II)
- Science (including general through specialized topics like Organic Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Human Anatomy and Physiology)
- Reading/Writing assignments
- Social Studies (including Economics and Statistics)
- Foreign Language Lab: Spanish
- English as a Second Language
- Writing and essay feedback and assistance
- Academic Skills building
More Resources Available 24/7
- Explore video content and other interactive tools for support with core concepts.
- Online Writing Lab: Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Question Center: Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
For Older Students: Test Prep and Career Services
- Study materials and practice tests for PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP, and GED exams, and state-standardized tests
- Career support for cover letter and resume writing and interviewing resources
Get Started With SimplyE
With your library card, it's easier than ever to choose from more than 300,000 e-books on SimplyE, The New York Public Library's free e-reader app. Library cardholders can gain access to an array of digital resources for all ages, including e-books, audiobooks, databases, and more.
If you don’t have an NYPL library card, New York State residents can apply for a digital card through the Library’s SimplyE app (available on the App Store or Google Play). Once you’ve received your barcode and PIN, explore SimplyE to discover hundreds of thousands of e-books, plus visit our website to find many more digital resources. You can also find your library card number by logging into your library account with your SimplyE username and pin. The 14 digit library card number is displayed underneath your name.
Patrons 13 years and older can apply for their own library cards. Patrons 12 and under will need a parent or caregiver to create an account. Note: These accounts cannot be restricted to only children’s materials.
After registering, it may take a few hours to receive your barcode in order to access the Library’s digital resources. Once you sign up for a card through SimplyE, you will need to select a home library after your barcode has been emailed to you. Log into your account and click on Settings to set your Preferred Pickup location.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com
Note About Privacy & External Websites
Please note: This web page contains third-party links. By clicking on the website links above, you will leave NYPL’s website and enter a website not operated by NYPL. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties with whom you interact through our Library services.