About 67th Street Library
The 67th Street branch of The New York Public Library opened on January 20, 1905 and was built to resemble the Yorkville branch. More than 100 years later, it continues to serve Manhattan’s bustling Upper East Side.
Built with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie, the branch was designed by Babb, Cook & Willard. It has since been renovated twice: once in the 1950s and again in 2005. The original staircase and decorative iron railing have been restored, along with other architectural details like the mosaic floor. But the 14,000-square foot interior has also been reconfigured to meet the needs of today's patron.
The two-story library features public computers that can be reserved for 45-minute sessions and unlimited WiFi. Materials for adults and teenagers are located on the main floor, along with a study space and a garden. The children’s collection is on the second floor. On the third floor is a room used for library programs, such as baby storytime, adult ballet, and TechConnect.
Community District Information
For more information about your Community District, including census data, community board information, local schools, and other resources, see here.