Best of the Web
The organization offers a variety of services to Staten Islanders living with HIV/AIDS, their families and others affected by the disease, including HIV testing, housing assistance, job counseling and addiction treatment. The website includes information on becoming a client and a Community Resource Manual.
Health plus is a not-for-profit health care plan committed to quality health care and dedicated to the health and well-being of our culturally-diverse communities through partnership with members, providers and communitiy-based organizations.
Cancer rates, hospitalization causes, leading causes of death, etc. for Staten Island and selected neighborhoods. Presented by the New York City Department of Health
The SIMHS is a private, not-for-profit agency that provides comprehensive mental health and related services to Staten Island children who are emotionally or behaviorally disturbed, developmentally or learning disabled, neurologically impaired, dependent on alcohol or drugs, and/or economically disadvantaged.
The Grace Foundation was created to support and advocate for Staten Island and Brooklyn families of children diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorders. This support takes the form of social, educational and information resources.
- A Timeline of Staten Island History (1)
- Cultural Institutions & Historical Organizations (12)
- Digitized Historical Maps (8)
- General Historical Links (43)
- Historical Images of Staten Island (8)
- Historical Research Guides (2)
- Historical Staten Island Newspapers (1)
- Hospitals (3)
- Indexes (4)
- National Register of Historic Places (1)
- Old Location Names (1)
- Research Your House (2)
- Staten Island History Day: May 8, 2009 (1)
- Staten Island History Tour (1)
- The Staten Island Historian: Online Editions (7)
- Transportation History Links: Trains, Ferries, Bridges, etc. (8)