- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Best of the Web: Libraries & Book Trade » Libraries » USA
- Archive of World Music, Harvard University
- Archives of Traditional Music, Indiana University
- Belfer Audio Laboratory & Archive, Syracuse University
Berkeley Digital Library SunSITE
Provides information on building digital collections, current library awareness, catalogs, indexes, and ongoing discussion, research, and development.
"One of the oldest and most distinguished independent libraries in the United States." The collection includes materials on Boston History, and the facility hosts lectures, concerts, and houses an art gallery. Tourists are welcome on the first floor and galleries only.
Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum Recorded Sound Collection, Nashville, Tennessee
Holdings include approximately 200,000 sound recordings of country and folk music, from cylinders to compact discs. Library also includes books, periodicals, photos, scrapbooks, newsletters, songbooks, videos and films.
Folger Shakespeare Library
Provides listings of public events, library resources including the library's catalog HAMNET, information about publications such as Shakespeare Quarterly, and about educational programs for teachers and students.
Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center
With an emphasis on the literature and culture of the U.S., Britain, and France, this library on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin boasts an extraordinary collection of manuscripts, rare books, photographs, artwork, and the theatre arts.
- Historical Sound Recordings Collection, Yale University
- Institute of Jazz Studies (The John Cotton Dana Library at The Rutgers State University of New Jersey, Newark)
- Institute of Jazz Studies, Rutgers University
- International Piano Archives at Maryland, University of Maryland at College Park
- Library of Congress Recorded Sound Reference Center
- Louis Armstrong Archives, Benjamin S. Rosenthal Library, Queens College
- Louis Armstrong House and Archives
- Marr Sound Archives, University of Missouri, Kansas City
NARA Archival Information Locator (NAIL)
As part of the National Archives and Record Administration's Electronic Access Project, NAIL will be the working prototype for a future online catalog of holdings in Washington, DC, the regional records services facilities, and the Presidential libraries.
National Agricultural Library
From the U.S. Department of Agriculture, get access to global information on agriculture.
National Indian Law Library
A unique free public law library dedicated to making tribal law resources accesible to the public.
- Popular Culture Library, Bowling Green State University
Links to the websites of individual Presidential Libraries from Hoover to Clinton. Includes information about hours, locations, and special exhibits.
Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic
Library contains more than 80,000 taped textbooks in a variety of subjects, from literature and history to math and the sciences, at all academic levels from kindergarten through postgraduate.
- Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture: Moving Image and Recorded Sound Division, The New York Public Library
Smithsonian Institution Libraries
Functioning both as a scholarly resource and general information service, SIL combines the resources of 20 libraries into one online catalog. This page provides links to information about each library.
- Stanford Archive of Recorded Sound, Stanford University
State Library Agencies
State Libraries on the Internet.
U.S. Public Library Websites with Information in Spanish
A state-by-state listing of U.S. libraries with general information, links, and other information available in Spanish on their websites.
USA Academic Libraries
Provides links to the libraries of U.S. universities, colleges, and community colleges. Organized alphabetically by region and state.
- Vincent Voice Library, Michigan State University
- William Ransom Hogan Archive of New Orleans Jazz, Tulane University
- Yale University Music Library
YIVO Institute for Jewish Research, Recorded Sound Archives
Contains music and spoken word recordings, dating from 1900,including Yiddish and Hebrew folk, popular and theatre music, Jewish radio programs, oral history interviews, field recordings, record company catalogs.