- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Best of the Web: Arts & Humanities » Literature & Linguistics » Online Literary Texts » Slavic & Baltic
(Milosz, Czeslaw) Czeslaw Milosz
Biography and bibliography of the Polish Nobel Prize winner.
- AATSEEL Welcome Page
- American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies (AAASS)
- Amherst Center for Russian Culture
- AT&T Internet Toll Free 800 Directory
- Baltic News Service
Biblioteka Maksima Moshkova
Russian language only. Provides a wide range of online Russian literary texts, as well as European texts translated into Russian.
- Bibliotheque Nationale de France
- Bucknell Russian Department
- Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
Center for Slovenian Literature
Introduction to contemporary Slovenian Literature. In Slovenian, Czech, and English.
Columbia University Libraries
Library homepages, catalogs, electronic resources, and other services.
"Contains works of notable Russian/Soviet writers from the Nineteenth and Twentith Century. The text is in Russian, with special reading aids for learners of that language. When you encounter a word that you don't know, poisition your mouse pointer over it to see its English equivalent."
- Cornell University Libraries
- Croatian National Library
- Czech Center New York
- Czech newspapers
Early Twentieth-Century Russian Drama
Site featuring data on the Russian artists, designers, playwrights, directors and impresarios from the turn of the twentieth century until after the Revolution.
East View Publications, Inc. Home Page
East View is a large supplier of books, maps, serials, etc., in hard-copy and microfilm, from the countries of the Former Soviet Union, eastern, and central Europe.
Electronic Library of Ukrainian Literature
Provides free access to electronic texts of Ukrainian literature to all readers, particularly to students outside Ukraine. Texts in both Ukrainian and English.
- Estonia newspapers
- Estonian National Library
Fundamental Digital Library of Russian Literature and Folklore
A repository of Russian verbal art and the scholarly and other texts vital to understanding it.
- Guide to the Book Arts and Book History on the World Wide Web
- Harvard University Library
- Hokkaido. Slavic Research Center
An overview of collections, usage policies, contact information. Includes a description of the CPSU Archives project.
- Hungary newspapers
IUCAT: IU Libraries' Online Catalog
- International Federation of Library Associations
- Jagiellonian Library
Kapitol - International Directories
Includes searchable fax directories for most Slavic, Baltic, and East European countries.
Kubon & Sagner
Kubon & Sagner is a long-established vendor for Slavic and East European books and serials.
Labyrinth: a world wide web server for Medieval Studies
A valuable resource for texts, bibliographies, pedagogical resources, organizations and databases devoted to medievalia.
- Latvian Academic Library
- Latvian National Library
- Library Catalogs and Database for Slavic Studies (Univ. of California, Berkeley)
- Library for Foreign Literature
- Library of Congress. European Division. Overviews of the Collections
- Library of Congress. Polish Independent Press Collection
Lithuanian Classic Literature Anthology
Sponsored by UNESCO, this site offers of a virtual library (in English and Lithuanian) of key texts by Lithuanian authors. It includes bibliographic descriptions, short biographical notes on the authors, and links to Lithuanian literature resources on the web.
- Maria Jankowska's Electronic Guide to Polish Libraries
- Mezhdunarodnaia kniga
- New York Public Library. Slavic and Baltic Division
- Nicholas Roerich Museum
Norman Ross Publishing Inc. (ProQuest)
Ross Publishing offers a growing list of current newspapers on microfilm, as well as a first-time publisher of various reference works in hardcopy and microform.
- Nova Pritomnost
- Ohio State University
- Osterreichische National Bibliothek
- Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences of America
- Polish National Library
- Polish newspapers
"This website is intended to serve as an index of Polish writing available in English, giving extracts of key works and providing an overview of this exciting area of world literature. We aim to bring acclaimed works (e.g. those nominated for the NIKE prize) to a wider audience. You can search our database for an already published work, or read extracts of the most highly regarded writers in Poland today."
- Polonia Bookstore
- Pontificio Istituto Orientale
- Princeton University Library
- Princeton University Library. Finding Aid--Georges Florovsky Collection
- Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty
- Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty
- Romania newspapers
- Rough Guides Hompage
- Russia and the Former Soviet Republics Maps
- Russia newspapers
- Russia on the Web
- Russian National Library
- Russian State Library
- Serbia newspapers
- Slavic Review
- Slovak Academy
- Slovak Republic newspapers
- Slovenia newspapers
- Slovenian National and University Library
- Soros Foundation
Sovlit: Sovetskaia Literatura
A growing, Russian-language database focussing on twentieth-century Russian Literature. Features a bibliographic database of journals from the 1920s, and poetical works from 1900-1955.
- St Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary
Stanford University. Slavic and East European Collections.
Includes bibliographies prepared by Wojciech Zalewski.
- State Historical Library
- State Public Library for Science and Technology (GPNBT)
- The Kosciuszko Foundation
- The Labyrinth: Resources for Medieval Studies
- Ukrainian Institute
- Ukrainian Museum
University of California, Berkeley. Slavic and East European Collections and Resources
Extensive collection descriptions, with links to other resources both locally and nationally.
- University of Chicago Library Catalog
- University of Chicago. Slavic and East European Studies
- University of Illinois. Slavic and East European Library
- University of Kansas Libraries. Slavic Department
- University of Kiev-Mohyla Academy
- University of Oxford. Bodleian Library - Home Page for Reading Rooms
University of Pittsburgh. REESWeb. Russian and East European Studies
The single-most important source for links to Web resources in the field.
- University of Toronto Library Catalogue
- University of Toronto. Petro Jacyk Resource Centre
- University, Bratislava
- Victor Kamkin Inc.
- Vilnius University
Virtual Library of Polish Literature
Numerous electronic texts of Polish classical authors in Polish biographical information in English.
- Washington Post: Former Soviet Union
Yahoo! Regional Indexes
For Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia (Former Yugoslavia), Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia & Montenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan