- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
NYC Small Business Resource Center
Smallbiz.nypl.org links business owners to events, information, & tools to help growing businesses.
INTERNET WEEK NY is May 20-27 Where Technology, Business & Culture Meet. At the Metropolitan Pavilion
Redes Sociales Para Su Negocio- jueves, 16 Mayo 2013 (Thursday, May 16, 2013)6 - 7:30 p.m.
En esta presentación usted aprenderá cómo utilizar las redes sociales (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) para su negocio con el fin de crear una comunidad de seguidores que posiblemente se conviertan en clientes.
Need Help Starting a Business? Find Business Support Groups that can help in NYPL's Smallbiz Services Directory.
Announcing @NYCBigApps 2013! NYC challenges software developers to create cool apps that solve BigIssues for the City.
Business Recovery! Need assistance recovering from damages caused by Hurricane Sandy? NYC.GOV can assist you.
Winners of the 2012 New York StartUP! Business Plan Competition!
Dwayne Samuel and team for Curatio HCS
Photo credit: Michael del Castillo
Useful Business Links
- Attend the Next Expo and Conference!
- NYC Small Business Health Insurance - Find health insurance options for your employees
- 2013 New York Enterprise Small Business Awards. The Awards will recognize 5 small businesses for their best practices and 3 businesses under the best of the year categories. Nominate your business! Early Fee deadline May 15.
- NYC.GOV Business Solutions! Free Help to Start & Run your Small Business
- Register for JumpStart NYC, a three-month educational program to help mid-career professionals apply their knowledge, skills, and experience as they seek employment. If you’re a NYC-based small company, find out how to put this talent network to work for you by bringing highly-skill professionals into your company for a short consulting engagement.
- Asian Women in Business Annual Procurement Opportunities Conference. Thursday, June 6th at BNY Mellon from 8:30am to 3:00pm. Register to Participate in workshops and meet buyers from corporations & governmentagencies. Vendors must be prequalified by May 27.
- Businesses and Organizations: Join the NYC Business Innovation Challenge. The Competition will challenge businesses and organizations in New York City to propose and implement innovative and sustainable programs and business models that will help foster upward income mobility for low-income and/or low-skill and middle-skill workers.
- Furman Center for Real Estate & Urban Policy Data Search Tool. Find demographic neighborhood data and subsidized housing data.
- Compare your business with your Competitors
- Protect Your Data from Disaster - Executive In Box/Crain's New York Business
- Try out the SBA's new Size Up Tool to Analyze Your Business!
- Check out the new New York Works for Business
- New Business Owners! Check out the IRS small business tax center to learn about tax requirements for your new business
- Need a place to meet with a client in Midtown? SIBL has FREE small rooms available. Click to request a room.
- Urban Interns: Find Part-Time Assistants or Part Time Jobs
- Need NYC statistics? Visit NYCdata