- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
These resources are intended to support your classroom work. Feel free to use and adapt any of these materials to fit the learning goals of your class and the needs of your students. Use the ideas as inspiration to create your own materials with other NYPL resources available online!
- Take a look at the Lower East Side in the 1930s and 1950s in this footage, "Seward Park Branch and the Neighborhood it Serves." Download the script and read along!
- Visit our For Teachers and Students video page to see videos of past events and speakers, find out how to use the catalog, the digital gallery and the databases for your classwork, and see student-created work.
Click on the links below for curricula and resource packets:
- The Middle Ages
- Christianity, Judaism, Islam
- Progressive Era
- Three Worlds Meet in Early New York
- Curtain Call: Women in Theater Teacher Guide
- Early New York
- The Savanna
- Civil War
- Ireland America
- New York City's Grid Plan (created with Mus. of the City of NY)
- NYPL Neighborhood Guide: The Lower East Side
- African American history