- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
The New York Public Library Amazing U.S. Geography
Guided by author Andrea Sutcliffe, follow a chinook over the Rocky Mountains. Trace the course of the Mississippi River from Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico. Discover where gold is mined and fish are farmed in the United States. Explore our fascinating nation from Alabama to Wyoming, and find answers to all your questions about U.S. geography.
- Where is the highest waterfall in the United States?
- What is a sand sea?
- Why does California have so many earthquakes?
- Why are people from new England called Yankees?
- How many U.S. presidents were born in Ohio?
- Where did the Santa Fe Trail begin?
- How large is mammoth Cave in Kentucky?
- How hot are the Hot Springs in Arkansas?
Maps, lists, photographs, and intriguing sidebars will spark the curiosity of young minds as they learn about the United States and its people.
170 pages, illustrated. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2002.
Hardcover. $12.95. ISBN 0-471-39294-4.