Click to search the Andrew Heiskell Braille and Talking Book Library Skip Navigation

The New York Public Library will be closed on Sunday, April 20.

West New Brighton Library

The West New Brighton Branch was first established in 1913 as a "home station" at 1006 Castleton Avenue under the Extension Division of The New York Public Library. In 1918 it was moved to 85 State Street as a "sub-branch." The present building, located at 976 Castleton Avenue, opened its doors on April 1, 1933.

The building is air-conditioned, fully accessible to persons who use wheelchairs, and has a spacious backyard. The branch has collections of 45,000 books, periodicals, CDs, cassettes, and videos for adults, young adults, and children available for borrowing and use in the library. An auditorium on the lower level, with a seating capacity of 75 serves as a meeting space for library programs and community-sponsored events.

Chat with a librarian now

Follow West New Brighton Library on: