- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
FREE AARP Tax-Aide and Preparation at Webster Library
FREE TAX HELP!
Times: Mondays, February 4th through April 15, 2013, from 11:30 AM- 3:00 PM
Location: 3rd Floor Auditorium of the Webster Branch Library
Returns are prepared by AARP volunteers certified by the IRS. There is no cost to you for preparation. Most returns are filed electronically (e-filed) at no cost to you.
Please bring the following with you when you come:
- current year's tax forms and preparation booklet;
- copy of last years income tax return(s);
- W-2 forms from each employer;
- unemployment compensation statement(s);
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits;
- all 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets;
- 1099-misc. showing any miscellaneous income;
- 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity;
- all forms indicating federal income tax paid;
- dependent care provider information )name, employer, ID, Social Security number);
- all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions;
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents.
- First come, first served
- Organize your materials
- Bring all your documents