- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Andrew Heiskell Tips for Better Service
- Please do not lend our books to other people. That is against National Library Service policy and it slows down the service for everyone.
- Please rewind cassette books when finished with them.
- Please return all books promptly. As soon as you finish reading each is best. Use the same mailing card as was used to send the book to you. Be sure to turn it over with the library’s address facing out when returning books. Do not use tape to hold the mailing cards in place. This will slow down the process of checking in the books. Do not place notes inside the containers and do not write on the mailing cards. If you need to tell us something, contact us separately.
- Include your name, address, and telephone number on all letters to the library and telephone messages.
- If you would like to have books waiting for you when you visit the library, please call with the request a day in advance. Be sure to leave your name and telephone number. We will contact you if the books you requested are not available.
- Remember to let us know if you have moved or if your interests or needs have changed so we can update your files.
- Contact the library with all questions and concerns. Do not contact the National Library Service or the agency in Florida that mails the magazines and catalogs. They will only refer the call back to us and that will slow down your service.