- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Find It Fast at Andrew Heiskell Library
40 West 20th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues)
New York, NY 10011-4211
Telephone: 212-206-5400; TDD: 212-206-5458;
24-hour voice mail: 212-206-5425; Fax: 212-206-5418;
Monday 10 to 5; Tuesday 12 to 7; Wednesday 10 to 5; Thursday 12 to 7; Friday 10 to 5; Saturday 10 to 5; Sunday closed
Telephone Service Hours
Monday 10 to 5; Tuesday 10 to 7; Wednesday 10 to 5; Thursday 10 to 7; Friday 10 to 5; Saturday 10 to 5; Sunday closed
How to Apply for Service
- Who is eligible?
- How do I apply? (Applications in pdf format)
- Patron Handbook
- Services for Institutions Serving People with Disabilities
Collections and Services
- Collections and Services and Programs.
- Youth Services: Teens and Kids
- Online Catalog: Search for braille and talking books with the PAWS catalog.
- eNYPL: eBooks, music, and video from The New York Public Library.
- Ask Librarians Online at The New York Public Library.
- Services for Persons with Disabilities: Available at branches of The New York Public Library.
- WebBraille: Online braille from the National Library Service.
- Downloadable Audio Book and Magazine Service (BARD) from the National Library Service.
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- Music Services from the National Library Service: Large print, braille, and cassette scores and music instruction. Call Music Services at 1-800-424-8567 (Toll-Free).
- Disability Information: Links by category.
- National Federation of the Blind Newsline
- The New York Fire Department Safety Guidelines. The FDNY Foundation Fire Safety Tips. Listen to the Safety Guidelines (MP3)