Click to search the Andrew Heiskell Braille and Talking Book Library Skip Navigation

Tremont Library

Serving the South Central Bronx since 1905, the Tremont Branch stands on the corner of Washington Avenue and East 176th Street, one block south of East Tremont Avenue. The historic building was designed by Carrere and Hastings. The red brick building is one of the 65 libraries erected with funds given to New York City by Andrew Carnegie. The main floor of the library houses the reference, adult, and young adult collections. The second floor is devoted to an expansive children's room and a large programming room.

Chat with a librarian now

Follow Tremont Library on: