- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Careers, Jobs, Small Business Seminars, Job Search Central, Job Searching & Resume Writing: Become the Perfect Candidate: Tap into the 'Hidden' Job Market
February 12, 2014
Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL), Conference Room 018
If you are frustrated by a lack of response from job ads, or feel like you are having trouble competing with your fellow job-seekers to get interviews, then this workshop is for you. Many rely too much on ads or recruiting firms to get interviews, and do not put enough time into networking and contacting people directly. In fact, in today’s economy most jobs are landed using latter two approaches! Rob Hellmann discusses techniques to leverage your network for a successful job search.
- How to build and use your network effectively
- How to get meetings by contacting people directly who you don’t know
- How to increase your response rate with ads and recruiting firms
- Seven features to include in an email or cover letter that will get you the meetings you want
- How to structure a networking meeting
- Specific verbiage and phrases you should use in your communications
- How to diagnose and jump-start a stalled job search
Seating is on a first come, first seated basis unless otherwise noted.