- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Careers, Jobs, Small Business Seminars, Job Search Central, Job Searching & Resume Writing: Advanced LinkedIn: Jump-start Your Career
Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL), Conference Room 018 (Map and directions)
Fully accessible to wheelchairs
Rob Hellmann demonstrates advanced techniques for leveraging LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is now an essential tool for job-seekers and career-advancers: those who are well versed are reaching their career goals more quickly. Career coach Rob Hellmann and author of Your Social Media Job Search, goes beyond the basics to show you advanced techniques in leveraging LinkedIn to build your network, research prospects, be “found,” contact people, and get meetings and interviews.
- The "right" way to build and leverage your LinkedIn network
- Advanced LinkedIn people-search techniques that will improve your ability to both find and connect with the those who can help you
- Under-used methods to leverage LinkedIn key job-target research
- Verbiage to include in LinkedIn messages that will boost your response rate
- How to be "found" on LinkedIn by potential hiring managers and recruiters
- The secrets to a powerful LinkedIn profile that will get you the attention you want
Seating is on a first come, first seated basis unless otherwise noted.