- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Education @ the Schomburg: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "Letter from Birmingham Jail"
The Schomburg Junior Scholars present a theatrical reading of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “Letter from Birmingham Jail”. This theatrical reading, as conceived by Artistic Director Shaun Neblett, portrays a group of high school students who must read and interpret Dr. King’s Letter from Birmingham Jail in order to fulfill their graduation requirements. As they strive to make sense of Dr. King’s 50 year old letter, scenes from contemporary times illuminate their understanding and make the messages relevant for today. Will they pass?
1. Monday, February 10 at 10:30 a.m. for School Groups (Free) Register.
2. Tuesday, February 11 at 10:30 a.m. for School Groups (Free) Register.
3. Tuesday, February 11 at 6 p.m. for General Audiences (Tickets $10 to benefit the Junior Scholars Program) Click here to purchase tickets.
4. Wednesday, February 12 at 10:30 a.m. for School Groups (Free) Register.
5. Saturday, February 15 at 10:30 a.m. for Youth & Teens/Community Groups/Families (Free) Register.
For a full listing of upcoming programs: Visit www.schomburgcenter.eventbrite.com
Follow Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture on:
Sign up for our Newsletter
Get Schomburg Center news delivered directly to your inbox. Stay up to date on our latest events, exhibitions and programs.