Join crafty librarian Jessica Pigza of the Rare Book Division and Crafternoon author Maura Madden for this free DIY day. We’ll be joined by artist and quilt designer Denyse Schmidt.
In her new book, Denyse Schmidt: Modern Quilts, Traditional Inspiration, she offers thoroughly modern quilts that explore quilting’s rich past. We’ll have supplies on hand for a little history-inspired stitching project, as well as a spread of wonderful books from the Library’s collections for browsing. Check back here or at Hand-Made at NYPL for additional details as the date nears.
Here are the details on this event:
- This is a FREE event, but reservations are welcome because space is limited. To reserve your spot, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the date of this event.
- What to bring: We'll update this page as the event nears with any additional details.
- Where: Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, Margaret Liebman Berger Forum (on the Second Floor, Room 227)
- When: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012, from 2:00 to 4:00pm
- Check back here or at Hand-Made at NYPL for additional details as the event nears.
Want more? Here’s where you’ll find details on other Handmade Crafternoons this fall: