Click to search the Andrew Heiskell Braille and Talking Book Library Skip Navigation

Hudson Park Library

Tucked away on one of the most beautiful streets in the city, Hudson Park has served Greenwich Village since 1906. The building, designed by the architectural firm of Carrere and Hastings, was the sixteenth branch to be constructed with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie.  The branch opened its doors to the community on January 24, 1906; in 1920, the building was extended eastward, allowing patrons to enter the library from the newly extended Seventh Avenue South. The poet Marianne Moore worked at Hudson Park as a library assistant from 1921-1925, contributing to the rich literary history of the neighborhood.  Today Hudson Park Library, graced with large windows overlooking James J. Walker Park and St. Luke's Place, is a relaxing place to work, read, and play.