Click to search the Andrew Heiskell Braille and Talking Book Library Skip Navigation

Hamilton Fish Park Library

The branch and its neighborhood park are both named for Hamilton Fish (1808-93), the distinguished American statesman who was Governor of New York and Secretary of State under Ulysses S. Grant.

The original Hamilton Fish Park Branch was built in 1909, with funds from Andrew Carnegie. When Houston Street was widened for an approach to the FDR Drive, the original building was lost and replaced with the current library. An auditorium that seats 75 is available for community use by application to the librarian.

Chat with a librarian now

Follow Hamilton Fish Park Library on: