- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Jean M. Campbell Award
This award recognizes an NYPL staff member who during the past year has demonstrated an outstanding contribution to improving public reference service.
Nominees should have specific examples that demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Improving public participation in lifelong learning activities, reading enjoyment, and acquiring information literacy skills;
- Consistently demonstrated application of "the teaching moment" when helping users with their reference and information needs;
- Creative use of technology to enhance delivery of reference and information services to the public;
- Creation of original work (regardless of the medium used) that contributes to increased public awareness of reference and information services.
All active staff are eligible for this award, and may be nominated by another staff member or members of the public. Awards are conferred annually and nominations may be submitted between November 1 and January 15.
- Name of person making nomination
- Your contact information (email or telephone)
- Name of the staff member you are nominating
- Where does the nominee work?
- Briefly describe the reasons for the nomination.
- Describe a specific event, project, or situation that illustrates your reason for this nomination