SCORE Business Counseling
SCORE provides FREE, in-depth business counseling for business owners and small businesses. SCORE provides assistance with starting a business, writing a business plan, and helps successful firms in planning for expansion.
Score is a volunteer, non-profit association affiliated with the Small Business Administration.
Score has a branch office onsite at SIBL, Business Library, with a main office downtown at Federal Plaza. (see other locations below).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a counseling meeting via Skype!
SCORE at SIBL: Free, on site services available daily. One on one appointments:
Monday 11:00 AM -5:00 PM; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM; and
Friday and *Saturday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
*No Saturday Appointments available in June, July, and August*
The SCORE office is room 49, Lower Level of the Science, Industry and Business Library [SIBL] at (188 Madison Avenue corner 34th street) near Financial Literacy Central . Appointments can be made online at www.scorenyc.org. In the green Request a Mentor box click on Request a Meeting, Mark Schedule an appointment with a Mentor and register. A calender will appear for making your appointment. In the Choose Location box select NYPL Business Library and then select the day and hour. You will receive an mail confirmation of your appointment.
- Appointments can be made any time SIBL is open or where you have Internet access
- For further information call (212) 592-7033
- NYC Score Website at https://newyorkcity.score.org/
SCORE Workshops & seminars offered at low cost
SCORE NYC counselors can help you succeed in business by offering FREE advice and counseling on:
• Selecting a legal structure
• Securing funding
• Preparing a business plan
• Developing marketing and sales strategies
• Working in international trade
• Using internet and web site facilities
• Leveraging blogs and social networks
• Buying or selling a business
• Learning the ins and outs of a particular business
• Choosing a specific branch of an industry
• Understanding day-to-day operations of a particular business
• Managing business operations and personnel
• Learning about not-for-profit organizations
• Advising about various SBA programs and their availability
SCORE: Is my Business eligible?
Any small business can obtain free, confidential help. Whether considering starting your own business, have a business that is experiencing problems, are ready to expand, or need some other type of advice, SCORE can help.
Other SCORE offices in New York City Metropolitan Area
Headquarters offering seminars, resources (books and videos):
26 Federal Plaza, Room 3100,
New York, NY 10278
(212) 264-4963 (fax)
Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Tuesday & Thursday 10 am - 4 pm
No appointment necessary.
World Wide Web: http://newyorkcity.score.org/
SCORE Services at Brooklyn Public Library
10 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, NY, 11201
For appointments call (718) 623-7000 ext.3; Open Monday & Wednesday 10:00 AM -2:00 PM and Tuesday 5:00 PM -8:00 PM
SCORE Staten Island
c/o Santander Bank
1550 Richmond Road
Staten Island, New York 10304
Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
World Wide Web: http://scorestatenisland.org/
851 Grand Concourse, Room 123
The Bronx, NY 10451
Tel: (718) 590-6252
Telephone for appointment
Hours: Thursday Only: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM