- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Screen Magnification and Speech Synthesizer Software
All library locations have Internet workstations which are equipped with screen magnification software (MAGic) and speech synthesizer software (JAWS).
MAGic screen magnification software allows users to customize the computer's monitor view for ease of reading.
- Increase the size of content displayed on a monitor
- Add tinting to the screen
- Set the contents of screen to appear in monochrome
- Invert brightness and colors
- Switch the colors of the text and background
- Eliminate screen glare and boost contrast
- Can speak aloud screen content
Developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content, JAWS reads aloud what's on the PC screen and allows for comprehensive keyboard interaction with the computer.
Speech recognition software that allows you to interact with your computer just by speaking.