- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Persons Without Homes
The New York Public Library can make arrangements to provide the following services to shelters:
- Deposit Collections of Books
- Read Aloud Programs for Children in Shelters
- "Read-to-me" Programs at Libraries with Children from Shelters
- Library Orientations at Shelters and Branches
- Book Talks at Shelters for Men and/or Women
The New York Public Library provides books and other informational materials on access to shelter and housing in New York City.
For information about these services, contact Nick Higgins at the Office of Community Outreach at 212.340.0971 or contact your closest library branch www.nypl.org/locations for assistance.