- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Library Closing Information
Annual Holiday Closings
- New Year's Day *
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents' Day
- Memorial Day weekend (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday)
- Independence Day
- Labor Day weekend (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday)
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day *
* Note: NYPL locations close early on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- The Woodstock Library will be closed from September 1, 2014 until late 2016 for an extensive renovation. During this period we encourage you to visit the following branches: Morrisania Library at 610 East 169th Street, Melrose Library at 910 Morris Avenue and the Hunt's Point Library at 877 Southern Boulevard. Hold requests that are received while we close may be picked up at the Hunt's Point Library located at 877 Southern Boulevard. To select another location, login to your account online or speak to a library staff member.
- Aguilar Library is temporarily closed to facilitate branch improvements and will reopen by the summer of 2015. During this time, items requested for pickup at Aguilar Library will be delivered to the nearby 125th Street Library, located at 224 East 125th Street. Any items that need to be returned to the Library can be returned at any NYPL branch in Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island. Branches closest to Aguilar Library include the 96th St. Library and the 125th St. Library.
Donnell Library Center
- The Donnell Library is expected to reopen Winter 2015.
George Bruce Library
- The George Bruce Library will be closed February 6, 2015 through February 21, 2015 for the installation of new floors. During this time, George Bruce Library holds can be picked up at the Hamilton Grange Library. (Please note that the second floor will be closing earlier on January 30, 2015.)
Macomb's Bridge Library
- The Macomb's Bridge Library is tentatively scheduled to be closed February 2, 2015 through February 21, 2015 for installation of new floors. During this time, Macomb's Bridge Library holds can be picked up at the Countee Cullen Library.
New Amsterdam Library
- The New Amsterdam Library will be closed February 9, 2015 through February 21, 2015 for installation of new floors. During this time, New Amsterdam Library holds can be picked up at the Battery Park City Library.
Seward Park Library
- The Seward Park Library will be closed from Janaury 13, 2015 through January 30, 2015 to facilitate branch improvements. During this period we encourage you to use the Chatham Square Library at 33 East Broadway or Hamilton Fish Park Library at 415 East Houston Street. We will reopen for regular service on January 31, 2015 at 10:00 am. Seward Park holds can be picked up at the Chatham Square Library.
Terence Cardinal Cooke-Cathedral Library
- The Cathedral Library closed temporarily, beginning on January 6, 2014 to facilitate necessary repairs to the building's facade. The branch is scheduled to reopen in early 2015. During this temporary closure, we encourage you to visit the following nearby branches: *58th Street Library, 127 East 58th Street (between Park & Lexington Aves.) *Grand Central Library, 135 East 46th Street (between Lexington & Third Aves.) During the time your hold requests can be picked up at Grand Central Library at 135 East 46th Street (between Lexington & Third Aves.).
- The Webster Library will be closed temporarily starting January 15, 2015 for floor refurbishment. The library is scheduled to reopen on February 3, 2015. During this time, hold requests can be picked up at Yorkville Library at 222 East 79th Street.