BLACK HISTORY 360: THE SCHOMBURG’S 6TH ANNUAL SUMMER EDUCATION INSTITUTE 2015
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR K-12 TEACHERS, COMMUNITY EDUCATORS, COLLEGE FACULTY, AND COLLEGE STUDENTS.
August 3-7, 2015 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Join hundreds of educators (K-12 and College) and premier scholars from across the country for a spectacular “education vacation” at the Schomburg Center featuring lectures, interactive workshops, curriculum labs, curator talks and community walks that explore the history and cultures of African Americans and African peoples throughout the Diaspora. Educators will gain valuable content knowledge and learn inquiry-based approaches to teaching across the grades using the Schomburg’s rich primary resource collections on-site and online.
This year’s themes include:
- The 100th Anniversary of the Great Migration;
- African-American Suburban Migration: 1920-Present;
- Epistolary Lives: The Art of Letters as Historical Documents;
- Black Life Matters: Using Art and Voice to Explore the Past;
- After Ferguson: Healing Hearts and Sustaining Youth Activism;
- Igniting Imagination with Black Comics, Graphic Novels, and Speculative Fiction;
- Post-Civil Rights History & The Birth of Hip Hop;
- Fela Kuti and the Power of Protest Music presented in partnership with StudentsLive, A Global Arts Education Company and Finding Fela the Documentary (www.fela.net);
- and more.
Daily Agenda Coming Soon!
General: $500/week ; or $125 per day.
College Students & Seniors: $400/week ; or $100 per day.
REGISTRATION FORMS - DOWNLOAD LINK AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!
You can pay by check, money order, or purchase order using the registration form.
NEW ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION* VIA EVENTBRITE AVAILABLE NOW! CLICK HERE
*Convenience fees apply
For more information:
Call: (212) 491-2234
Registration Deadline: July 15, 2015
Limited registration may be available in July if space permits.
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/schomburgeducation
Follow us on Twitter @SchomburgEd #blackhistory360
*The Schomburg Summer Education Institute is funded solely by registration fees which are used to pay for event costs, honoraria, program materials, and teacher resources.