- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Careers, Jobs, Small Business Seminars, Job Search Central, Job Searching & Resume Writing: Self-Recruiter® Communications Mastery in Job Search:How to Engage Hiring Managers
Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 12 - 1:30 p.m.
Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL), Conference Room 018 (Map and directions)
Fully accessible to wheelchairs
John Crant discusses techniques for getting the attention of hiring managers.
- First You Have To Find Them! (the Decisions-makers)
- Engaged and Disengaged: Houston, We Have a Problem
- It's About Them, So That It's About You... (It Has To Be About Them!)
- Avoiding the 'One-offs': It's About Opening a Communications Channel
- Getting 'an Agreement' for a Relationship
- Channel Surfing: Keeping Your Communications Goals Focused
- Value, Value... In Every Word Will Open Doors (You May Never Have Dreamed Existed)
Seating is on a first come, first seated basis unless otherwise noted.