Careers, Jobs, Small Business Seminars, Job Search Central, Job Searching & Resume Writing: Resume & “Pitch” Intensive: Craft Messages that Land Interviews and Offers
Is your resume communicating how you can help a prospective employer in the 15 seconds a hiring manager is going to look at it? Are you positioning yourself correctly for the job you want, or are you too focused on your last job?
In this seminar, Robert Hellmann, career coach at Hellmann Career Consulting, will review examples of resumes and pitches (what you tell interviewers and others about your experience) from actual job search "success stories" to get the facts straight about what works, and what doesn't. In the process, you’ll learn how to write an effective resume and craft a compelling pitch that will help you get and ace interviews. Specifically, we’ll cover:
- Before and after resume examples, so you can clearly see what works
- Nine resume “do’s” and six resume “don’ts” that will debunk a lot myths and save you time
- For career and industry-changers, how to relate your prior experience to what you’re looking to do next
- How to address common issues, like gaps in your resume, too-much or too-little experience, or job-hopping
- What you need to know about adapting your resume for your LinkedIn profile
- In-class exercises that will get you started on your resume and pitch
Seating is on a first come, first seated basis unless otherwise noted.