- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
World Book Night 2014
The New York Public Library is partnering with World Book Night to celebrate the wonderful world of reading. During the worldwide event, which takes place on Shakespeare’s birthday, those participating in World Book Night give away books to people who don’t regularly read or don’t have access to printed books.
The New York Public Library will be hosting an author event in honor of the special day on Tuesday, April 22nd at the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building in Edna Barnes Salomon Room. Acclaimed authors Malcolm Gladwell, Garrison Keillor, Walter Dean Myers, Tobias Wolff and more will talk about their love of books and libraries.
In addition, 15 branches will offer free poetry-writing workshops for one night on Wednesday, April 23. Locations are listed below:
- 67th Street Library at 328 East 67th Street, Manhattan, NY at 4:00 PM
- Bloomingdale Library at 150 West 100th Street, Manhattan, NY at 12:00 PM
- Chatham Square Library at 33 East Broadway, Manhattan, NY at 4:30 PM
- Hamilton Grange Library at 203 West 145th Street, Manhattan, NY at 4:30 PM
- Mulberry Street Library at 10 Jersey Street, Manhattan, NY at 5:00 PM
- New Amsterdam Library at 9 Murray Street, Manhattan, NY at 5:00 PM
- Washington Heights Library at 1000 St. Nicjolas Avenue, Manhattan, NY at 5:00 PM
- Yorkville Library at 222 East 79th Street, Manhattan, NY at 5:00 PM
- Allerton Library at 2740 Barnes Avenue, Bronx, NY at 3:30 PM
- Baychester Library at 2049 Asch Loop North, Bronx, NY at 3:00 PM
- Mosholu Library at 285 East 205th Street, Bronx, NY at 2:30 PM
- Kingsbridge Library at 291 West 231st Street, Bronx, NY at 5:00 PM
- Parkchester Library at 1985 Westchester Avenue, Bronx, NY at 6:00 PM
- Mariners Harbor Library at 206 South Avenue, Staten Island, NY at 4:30 PM
- New Dorp Library at 309 New Dorp Lane, Staten Island, NY at 4:30 PM
We hope you'll be able to join us.