- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Careers, Jobs, Small Business Seminars, Job Search Central, Job Searching & Resume Writing: Why Don't I have a Job Yet?
January 8, 2014
Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL), Conference Room 018
Learn how to assess your job search and what steps you can take to make it better. A job search involves many moving parts with resumes, letters, networking events, keeping up with contacts, as well as different kinds of research and analysis and interviews to prepare for. On top of that we don’t always really want to do it and so don’t approach it as straightforwardly as we might.
Career coach Win Sheffield teachs you to:
- Plan in a way that sustains you in your campaign.
- Give yourself support setting goals and targets (and learn the difference)
- Recognize what is hard and easy for you and incorporate that into your plan
- Know the importance of what you want in a job
- Identify where you are and adjust your activity accordingly
Seating is on a first come, first seated basis unless otherwise noted.