- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Hand-Made: Hand-Made Crafternoon with Denyse Schmidt: Sept. 28, 2013.
Join crafty librarian Jessica Pigza of the Rare Book Division and Crafternoon author Maura Madden for this free DIY day. We’ll be joined by artist and quilt designer Denyse Schmidt (author of, most recently, Denyse Schmidt: Modern Quilts, Traditional Inspiration). We’ll have supplies on hand for a little history-inspired stitching project--patchwork coasters inspired by postage stamp quilts--as well as a spread of wonderful books from the Library’s collections for browsing.
Here are the details on this event:
- This is a FREE event, but reservations are welcome because space is limited. To reserve your spot, please write to email@example.com with your name and the date of this event.
- What to bring: We'll have everything you need to make your own patchwork coaster, but if you have favorite sewing supplies or fabric scraps (8" squares of three cotton fabrics will be all you need) you are welcome to bring them.
- Where: Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, Margaret Liebman Berger Forum (on the Second Floor, Room 227)
- When: Saturday, September 28, 2013, from 2:00 to 4:00pm
- Check back here or at Hand-Made at NYPL for any additional details as the event nears.
Want more? Here’s where you’ll find details on other Handmade Crafternoons this fall:
- Audience: Adults