- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Careers, Jobs, Small Business Seminars, Job Search Central, Job Searching & Resume Writing: Communications Mastery In Job Search: How to Engage Hiring Managers
September 28, 2013
Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL), Conference Room 018
John Crant discusses techniques for getting the attention of hiring managers.
The discussion includes:
- First You Have To Find Them! (the Decisions-makers)
- Engaged and Disengaged: Houston, We Have a Problem
- It's About Them, So That It's About You... (It Has To Be About Them!)
- Avoiding the "One-offs": It's About Opening a Communications Channel
- Getting 'an Agreement' for a Relationship
- Channel Surfing: Keeping Your Communications Goals Focused
- Value, Value... In Every Word Will Open Doors (You May Never Have Dreamed Existed)
Seating is on a first come, first seated basis unless otherwise noted.