- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
NYPL Education Innovation Institute
NYPL is searching for innovative master teachers at the middle and high school level who would like to join a three-week long, collaborative summer exploration program based at The New York Public Library's flagship Stephen A. Schwarzman Building at 42nd Street and Fifth Avenue. The Education Innovation @ NYPL Summer Institute will take place in August 2013 (August 5th through August 23rd, Monday-Friday, 9:30 am to 4:00 pm for 3 weeks).
Institute participants will:
- Learn about NYPL's vast circulating and research collections
- Jointly explore various Common Core support tools
- Create and publish lesson plans utilizing NYPL materials
- Collaborate with other teachers and curators on incorporating primary source materials in classroom instruction
- Tag NYPL resources in its catalog and other online resources for teachers to enhance their discoverability and usage in a classroom setting
- Blog about the lesson plans they create
Each participant will receive a $500/week stipend (total $1,500 over three weeks) and intensive training in the Library's collections and existing curation tools. We hope the experience will lead to an ongoing relationship with The New York Public Library as we continue to provide a wide-ranging array of services to teachers as their needs evolve.
Apply online at nypl.org/innovation by June 28, 2013. Successful candidates will be notified by July 3, 2013.