- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Careers, Jobs, Small Business Seminars, Job Search Central, Job Searching & Resume Writing: How To Build And Stay Connected With Your Network, In Person, Using Social Media, And Beyond
June 24, 2013
Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL), Conference Room 018
We hear all the time that we have to “network” for our jobs. What does this mean and is there more than one way to do it?
Win Sheffield discusses the fundamentals of building professional relationships throughout your career.
Learn how to:
- Build your networking strategy taking into account your strengths and the time you want to invest
- Develop a branding message to incorporate in your pitch, letters, resume, LinkedIn, etc.
- Know where to turn for contacts
- Talk about what you know (and do not know) with confidence
- Keep contacts interested and also let them go
Seating is on a first come, first seated basis unless otherwise noted.