Financial Information, Money Matters: Understanding The Home Buying Process
The Rev. Charles Butler, Vice President of Equitable Development, Harlem Congregations for Community Improvement, Inc. (HCCI), explains the home buying process for the first time home buyer.
Topics covered include:
• The advantages and disadvantages of homeownership
• The steps involved in the home buying process
• Shopping for a home – different types of property
• Different mortgage products
• Qualifying for a mortgage
• Mortgage payment
• Financial assistance and grant programs
The Rev. Butler has over ten years experience as a certified Housing Urban Development (HUD) Housing Counselor and as the Program Director for homeownership programs with HCCI. He has conducted financial literacy and home buying seminars in local schools, churches, and a variety of community organizations throughout the New York City. HCCI is a member of the New York Mortgage Coalition, comprising most of the major financial lenders in the City. HCCI is also an authorized Housing Counseling Agency for New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD).