- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Money Matters: Using LinkenIn to Jump-start Your Career
If you are: in or contemplating a job search, looking to make a career change, or just feeling that in this downsized economy, "you never know," read on...
These days LinkedIn is a MUST for effective career management. Even if you are already on LinkedIn, you may not be aware of how powerful this free tool is. People in today’s workforce who know how to use it effectively get better jobs faster.
In this seminar/workshop, you will learn how to use LinkedIn to:
- Create an attention-grabbing Profile in a place where recruiters search for candidates.
- Conduct research to develop employment prospects for a career or industry change, for a change in your geographic location, or for your business.
- Implement an interview-getting, opportunity-creating strategy for building and managing your network.
- Increase your response from job ads.
- Get the introductions and meetings you want, including the use of specific, effective verbiage and phrases.
- Keep in touch with your network so they remember you when an opportunity arises.
- Contact people you don't know, directly, to get interviews.
Robert Hellmann has helped hundreds of clients in diverse industries and professions to reach their job-search and on-the-job goals. In addition to his private practice, Rob is a certified Five O'Clock Club Career Coach and an adjunct professor at NYU’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies. His career-related insights and commentary have appeared in media outlets such as the New York Times, Forbes, the Washington Post, Money Magazine, CNBC.com, the Chicago Tribune, ABC News and NBC News. He is also the author of the book "Your Social Media Job Search", and wrote two chapters on organizational leadership for the upcoming Five O’Clock Club book “Work Smarts.”
- Audience: Adults