- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Money Matters @NYPL: Turing Job Interviews Into Offers
Have you ever walked out of an interview thinking they loved you, but then you didn't get the job? Or felt a great conversation come to a halt as soon as you answered their salary question? Perhaps in one interview you felt a bit too nervous, or you simply want to polish up your interviewing skills. If any of these are true for you, then read on…
In this seminar, we’ll address each of these issues, and more. You’ll learn field-tested strategies and techniques that will boost your likelihood of acing the interview. In the process, we’ll dispel many common myths about the interview process that often cause problems for job seekers. We’ll cover:
- A strategic approach to interviewing that will put you ahead of the competition.
- How to handle salary questions and other questions you’re likely to hear.
- What to do when they ask you about your weaknesses.
- The three things companies look for in a candidate, and how to prepare.
- The three questions you must ask to ensure the interview's success.
- How to turn a “No” into a “Yes.”
Robert Hellmann has helped hundreds of clients in diverse industries and professions to reach their job-search and on-the-job goals. In addition to his private practice, Rob is a certified Five O'Clock Club Career Coach and an adjunct professor at NYU’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies. His career-related insights and commentary have appeared in media outlets such as the New York Times, Forbes, the Washington Post, Money Magazine, CNBC.com, the Chicago Tribune, ABC News and NBC News. He is also the author of the book "Your Social Media Job Search", and wrote two chapters on organizational leadership for the upcoming Five O’Clock Club book “Work Smarts.”
- Audience: Adults