- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Getting Interviews: Keys to the Hidden Job Market
If you are frustrated by a lack of response from ads or headhunters, feel like “there are no jobs” or that people are too busy to help you, or just want to improve the return on your job-search time investment, then this seminar is for you.
Many jobseekers place too much emphasis on ads and recruiting firms to get interviews, while not putting enough time into networking and contacting people directly. In fact, in today’s economy most jobs are landed using latter two approaches! In addition, job seekers cannot afford to miss out on the benefits that LinkedIn provides in landing interviews. In this seminar, you will learn about a strategy and specific techniques that you can apply immediately to improve results in your search, including:
• How to build and use your network effectively.
• How to get meetings by contacting people directly who you don’t know.
• How to increase your response rate with ads and recruiting firms.
• Seven features to include in an email or cover letter that will get you the meetings you want.
• How to structure a networking meeting.
• Specific verbiage and phrases you should use in your communications.
• Things you must be doing on LinkedIn to have a productive job search.
• How to diagnose and jump-start a stalled job search.
- Audience: Adults