- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
College Planning and Financial Aid
College is expensive but with proper planning, it can be affordable. In this workshop you will learn:
• The importance of the FAFSA form and what it means to families.
• How to appeal to the school of your choice to receive more free money (grants and scholarships)
• What steps to take if you have lost employment or are or have divorced
• What the new tax laws mean to your family (Hope Credit, Lifetime Learning Credit, etc.)
• How a PRIVATE SCHOOL can cost less than a STATE SCHOOL
• New changes to financial aid programs by the US Department of Education
• Financial aid award letter analysis
• Ways to pay for college without going broke.
- Audience: Adults