- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Bringing the Public Library to NYC Schools
Designed exclusively for New York City public school teachers, MyLibraryNYC is an innovative partnership between the New York City Department of Education and the city’s three public library systems.
MyLibraryNYC provides participating schools with:
- fine-free student and educator library cards;
- school delivery of Teacher Sets and single items;
- student and educator access to the Library's unparalleled digital resources for children and young adults/teens.
With their MyLibraryNYC library cards educators can:
- Borrow up to 100 items
- Borrow 'teacher sets' - materials designed for the exclusive use fo teachers in the MyLibraryNYC program
- Request multiple copies of single items from NYPL's catalog and multiple copies of teacher sets
- Place up to 50 holds at a time
- Keep all books and teacher sets for 60 days
- Avoid all overdue fees and lost charges on books
- Get books delivered directly to their school via UPS once/week—for free!
Who can participate?
Only educators at MyLibraryNYC participating schools are eligible for school delivery of library materials, and eligible to borrow teacher sets. Not sure if your school is a MyLibraryNYC pilot school? See the complete list of participating schools at mylibrarynyc.org.
What are teacher sets?
Created by NYPL’s expert librarians and for the exclusive use of educators in the MyLibraryNYC program, teacher sets contain 10–35 books, delivered to your school once a week!
There are three types of Teacher Sets:
- Topic Sets (10-30 copies of multiple titles on a single topic, such as "New York City Picture Books," "Award Winning Nonfiction," or "Native Americans in New York")
- Book Club Sets (10 copies of a single title, such as the nonfiction bestsellers The Monuments Men or This Star Won’t Go Out)
- Classroom Sets (30-35 copies of a single title, like American Born Chinese, or Charlotte's Web; sets for Gr. K-5 have 30 copies and sets for Gr. 6-12 have 35 copies)
Choose from a variety of K–12 subject areas—English, Social Studies, Science, Spanish, Math, Music, and more. There are thousands of teacher sets to choose from!
How do I place an order?
Ordering from MyLibraryNYC is as easy as 1-2-3! If your school is part of MyLibraryNYC, you can order teacher sets and individual titles and have them delivered direct to your school—for free. Just follow these easy instructions!
- Teachers in the Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island can order single titles through nypl.org.
- Teachers in Brooklyn can order single titles through Brooklyn Public Library.
- Teachers in Queens can order single titles only through Queen Library.
Today serving 500+ New York City public schools, MyLibraryNYC is an innovative new partnership between the New York City Department of Education and the city’s three public library systems—Brooklyn Public Library, The New York Public Library, and Queens Library.
© 2014 Citigroup Inc. Citi, and Citi with Arc Design are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc.