Adult Basic Education (Literacy)
The New York Public Library's Adult Learning Centers help adults who have difficulties reading and writing improve their communication skills. The Centers are welcoming neighborhood settings that help new readers and writers become comfortable with library services. All services are free for students registered in the program.
The Centers have books, newspapers, magazines, and computer programs designed for new readers.
At Adult Learning Centers you can:
- Learn to read and write in teacher-led classes
- Develop literacy skills using computers
- Attend library programs and get a library card
- Find collections with a multicultural emphasis for adult new readers
- Participate in enrichment activities: programs on health and parenting, author presentations, African-American and Women's History Month celebrations, visits to museums and other cultural sites
Adult Learning Center Locations
St. George Library Center