History of Cartography & Online Catalogs
History of Cartography
Map History/History of Cartography
Use this site to find free information about old maps, both on the web and in the real world. The site's 120 'pages' offer comment and guidence and over 6,500 annotated links selected for relevance and quality.
The print version of the "Bibliographia Cartographica - International documentation of cartographical literature" will be complemented by an online database containing new entries since 2006 and all bibliographic data of the printed volumes 16 (1989) to 33 (2006). The database includes numerous additional entries, which were not published in the print volumes. Currently, the BC comprises about 27,000 scientific periodical articles as well as more than 5,000 monographic publications related to cartography.
- WorldCat - 10,000 libraries worldwide
- AMICUS - Canadian National Catalogue
- Copac -UK and Irish library catalogs
- Catalogue Collectif de France - Bibliotheque Nataionale de France
- GVK - GBV Union Catalogue - German federal states catalogs
- Karlsruhe Virtual Catalog (KVK) - library and book trade catalogs worldwide
- ASPRS - Aerial Data Portal - a tool for locating aerial photography over the U.S. and beyond
Artis Q. Wright, Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building