The New York State Department of Labor and CareRide Paratransit LLC will present On-Site Recruitments for Vehicle Operators full-time and part-time on Tuesdays, January 7, 14, 21 and 28, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the New York State Department of Labor, 250 Schermehorn Street, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
Job Title: Vehicle Operator F/T & F/T
Job Order Number: NY1077936
Queens based Access-A-Ride company looking for Vehicle Operators to transport the disabled, elderly and handicapped around the 5 boroughs of New York City.
Must have the following:
- A valid New York State Commercial Driver's License class A, B or C with passenger endorsement.
- A recent New York State Driver Abstract.
- Unrestricted license in effect for 3 years.
- Be 21 years old.
- No more than 4 points on their license.
- No conviction for driving while impaired or intoxicated within the past 5 years.
- No license suspensions or revocations within the past 5 years.
- No pending violations on their driver's license.
- Social security card.
- Pass a 19A physical examination.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- No experience necessary but must have a GED or High School diploma.
8 days of training is paid at $10.00 per hour. Then the candidate starts driving at $11.00 per hour.
Full-time and part-time positions are available. Multiple shifts available.
Qualified candidates must bring driver's license and social security card.
Take A or C train to Hoyt/Schermerhorn stop and we are directly across the street. Or, take 2, 3, 4, or 5 train to Nevins Street. At Flatbush Avenue Extension (Chase Bank), walk up Nevins (past Livingston Street) to Schermerhorn and make a right. Walk to Bond and Schermerhorn. 250 is on the corner, across the street.
For information on education and employment, please visit Job Search Central at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.