The New York City Council Black Latino and Asian Caucus (BLAC) will host the 2nd Annual New York City Employment Opportunity and Small Business Expo on Saturday, December 7, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Murry Bergraum High School, 611 Pearl Street in Lower Manhattan. Workforce1 is the facilitator of the employment opportunities portion of this event.
The Employment Opportunities Zone will serve as a hub site for event attendees to meet with representatives from New York City's Workforce1 Career Centers and Industrial Business Zones. Every year, these centers connect more than 25,000 residents to jobs in New York City's highest growth industries, including retail, food service, construction, and transportation. Workforce1 recruiters will be on site to screen candidates and schedule interview appointments for those candidates meeting selection criteria for open jobs.
Candidates should review the opportunities below and click "Register Here" to submit their qualifications to be considered for a pre-screening appointment at the Expo. Workforce1 will review candidate qualifications, should you meet the basic qualifications you will recieve an appointment time via email between November 25 and December 6.
Workforce1 will be pre-screening for the following occupations:
- Sales Associates
- Store Managers
- Cabin Cleaning Agents
- Wheelchair Agents; Must have a valid NY State Driver's License with a clean record
- Security Guards; Must have a valid Security License for Security Guard
- Cargo Agents; Must have a valid NY State Driver's License with a clean record
- Station Attendants
- Line Cooks
- Ground Service Agent; Must have a valid NY State Driver's License with a clean record, a HSD/GED and 6 months of experience
- ParaTransit Drivers; Must possess a valid CDL C/B license with Passenger Endorsement
- CDL A Drivers
Food & Accomodations
- Wait Staff
If you are interested in participating in this event please Register Here.
Due to a limited number of appointment times, qualified candidates will be scheduled on a first come first served basis.
Please remember to dress professionally, bring 3 copies of your résumé, and a valid photo ID.