- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Job Search Central
Blueprint for Your Business Future: Workshops for Immigrant Enterprises at Brooklyn Public Library
Can your business continue without you? Learn to create an exit strategy to maximize the value of your business.
Brooklyn Public Library offers a three-part series of FREE workshops to help you plan for the future of your business and your family.
The three sessions will be led by business consultant Shirley Leung, Principal, NYC2020, LLC.
Session 1: Transition Planning: Why Plan Now?
- Anticipate unexpected circumstances
- Avoid costly expenses and taxes
- Find the best strategy for you
Session 2: How Much is Your Business Worth?
Thursday, Aug. 22
5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Determine the value of a business; common approaches
- Learn who sets the standards and provides the services
- Discover ways to increase the value of your business
- Understand the sales process
- Locate trustworthy sales professionals
- Find qualified buyers
Session 3: What are the Legal and Financial Issues?
Saturday, Aug. 24
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Structure a business to minimize taxes
- Deal with regulatory and legal concerns
- Organize legal and financial documents
- Select and train successors
- Understand the role of the family
- Manage the transition smoothly
Please register online at bklynpubliclibrary.org/locations/business/events or call 718.623.7000 (option 4).