Job Search Central
Blueprint for Your Business Future: Workshops for Immigrant Enterprises at Queens Library
Can your business continue without you? Learn how to create an exit strategy that maximizes the value of your business.
Queens Library offers a three part series of FREE workshops to help you plan for the future of your business and your family.
The three sessions will be led by business consultant Shirley Leung, Principal, NYC2020, LLC.
Session 1: Transition Planning and Legal and Accounting Matters
Wednesday, August 7
- Anticipate unexpected circumstances
- Avoid costly expenses and taxes
- Find the best strategy for you
Legal and Accounting Matters – What are the Concerns?
- Structure a business to minimize taxes
- Deal with regulatory and legal issues
- Organize legal and financial documents
Session 2: Selling Your Business and Business Valuation
Saturday, August 10
9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Selling Your Business
- Make a smart sale
- Understand the sales process
- Locate trustworthy sales professionals
- Find qualified buyers
Business Valuation – How Much is Your Business worth?
- Determine the value of your business
- Common valuation approaches
- Steps you can take to increase the value of your business
Session 3: Transferring Ownership
Wednesday, August 14
- Who will take over?
- Select and train successors
- Understand the role of the family
- Manage the transition smoothly
Location: Queens Library, Flushing (IRC Conference Room) at 41-17 Main Street. 718-661-1200
Train: 7 to Main Street (Last stop)
LIRR: Port Washington Line to Flushing Main Street
Bus: Q12, Q13, Q17, Q19, Q20A, Q20B, Q25, Q26, Q27, Q34, Q44, Q58, Q65, Q66, QBx1
Preregister online at www.queenslibrary.org/events or by calling 718-990-0883.
This series, funded by a NYCEDC Thrive grant, is also being offered at The New York Public Library, Science, Industry and Business Library and the Brooklyn Public Library, Central Library.