Job Search Central
Blueprint for Your Business Future: Workshops for Immigrant Enterprises at The New York Public Library
Can your business continue without you?
Learn to create an exit strategy that maximizes the value of your business.
The New York Public Library offers a three-part series of FREE workshops to help you plan for the future of your business and of your family, too.
The three sessions will be led by business consultant Shirley Leung, Principal, NYC2020, LLC.
Session 1. Transition Planning – Why Plan Now?
Tuesday, July 30
- Anticipate unexpected circumstances
- Find the best strategy for you
- Avoid costly expenses and taxes
Session 2. Selling a Business and Business Valuation
Thursday, August 1
Selling Your Business
- How to make a smart sale
- Understand the sales process
- Locate trustworthy sales professionals
- How to find qualified buyers
Business Valuation – How Much is Your Business Worth?
- Determine the value of your business
- Common valuation approaches
- Steps you can take to increase the value of your business
Session 3 Legal and Accounting Issues and Transferring a Business
Saturday, August 3
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Legal and Accounting Issues
- Structure a business to minimize taxes
- Deal with regulatory and legal issues
- Organize legal and financial documents
- Who will take over?
- Select and train successors
- Understand the role of the family
- Manage the transition smoothly
To register, please email email@example.com.
This series, funded by a NYCEDC THRIVE grant, is also being offered at the Brooklyn Central Library and the Queens Library at Flushing.