- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Job Search Central
Free Job Training in Security and Driving for Women
Brooklyn Workforce Innovations (BWI) helps jobless and working poor New Yorkers establish careers in sectors that offer good wages and opportunities for advancement.
BWI's mission is to empower low- and moderate–income people by creating living-wage employment opportunities and access to career paths. BWI seeks to develop programs that counter prevailing market inequalities (especially those based on race or gender) and continue to a broader movement for economic justice.
New York Drives
Offering the opportunity to enter the Security Field and obtain a Driver's License.
- Classes are at no cost to you!
- This program is for WOMEN ONLY
- Up to 30 hours of driving lessons, road test included
- Free 8 hour and 16 hour security certifications and NYS security license
- 60 hours of Career Development classes to empower your job search
- Program includes Job Placement Assistance
- 21 years of age or over
- New York City resident
- Food stamp recipient
- Legally eligible to work in the US
- High School Diploma or GED
- Full-time availability
- Must NOT have driver or security license
To be considered for the September Security Cycle
- Attend an Information Session held every Thursday at 2 p.m.
- Late comers will not be admitted
- RSVP is not required, walk-ins welcome
Sessions held at 621 DeGraw Street (between 3rd Ave and 4th Ave), Brooklyn, NY 11217. (R train to Union Street)
Contact: 718.237.2017 ext. 143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org