- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Job Search Central
Free Job Training in Green Advanced Manufacturing
Are you 24 or over and are looking for a career in the green advanced manufacturing industry?
Green Advanced Manufacturing Collaborative (GAMC), a partnership between New York City College of Technology's Department of Mechanical Engineering Technology and Industrial Design and the Business and Industry Training Center, is responsive to workforce education needs of NYC's revitalized manufacturing sector.
The program rallies resources and stakeholders from the public and private sectors, economic and workforce development agencies, unions and Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to help individuals navigate a career path through cutting edge technology education while contributing to the growth of the nation's competitive edge in manufacturing.
City Tech, CUNY's designated college of technology, offers stackable, credit-bearing industry-recognized credentials in Mechanical Engineering Technology and Industrial Design Technology. Eligible adult learners, committed to the pursuit of collegiate study and promising careers in the manufacturing sector, if accepted, will receive fully paid college education; wrap-around academic, job placement, and other support services.,
Program participants can attend college part-time or full-time and earn industry credentials leading to associate degrees.
- Students will receive credit-bearing Industry Recognized Credentials (8-12 month program) and/or Associate Degrees (18-24 month program) in the field of Green Advanced manufacturing.
- Fully paid college tuition and textbooks
- Industry-based curriculum taught by the college faculty in state-of-the art labs
- Support services and skills for success at college
- Prep courses in English and math
- Advisement, counseling, and tutoring
- Job placement assistance or skill upgrading for career advancement
- Industrial Engineering Technician
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) programmer and Operator
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Commercial and Industrial Design Assistant
- CAD Designer/Operator
- Industrial Product Designer
- CAD/CAM Programmer
- Mechanical Designer
- Senior/Junior Quality Assurance Inspector
- Testing Technician
Are you Eligible?
- 18 years old (preferably 24 or older)
- High School Diploma/GED or college credits
- US citizenship or legally authorized to work in the US
- Displaced workers, incumbent workers, veterans, unemployed, underemployed and prospective college students
- Take the CUNY Assessment Test (CAT)
- Demonstrate strong math skills
The CareerPATH program in Manufacturing continues to accept application for the Summer and Fall Semesters.
All information sessions are held at the City Tech Campus in Downtown Brooklyn at 300 Jay Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
For information or to reserve a seat at the next information session, please call CareerPATH Program Advisor at 718-552-1150 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to learn more about free job training programs and Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) careers, please visit Job Search Central at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.