- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Job Search Central
Free Job Training: Allied Health Career Pipeline Program
Hostos Community College's Department of Continuing Education and Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY) was awarded a Health Profession Opportunity Grant (HPOG) from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Administration for Children and Families to operate an enhanced allied health training and internship program, which is to be located at Hostos' main campus in the south Bronx and the satellite campus in Upper Manhattan.
The Hostos Allied Health Career Pipeline program will train over 900 public assistance recipients and other low-income individuals over the five-year project period.
Hostos is currently recruiting for the following courses:
- Patient Care Technicians (PCTs)
- Community Health Workers
- Pharmacy Technicians
- New York State Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs)
- Health Information Technology
- Hemodialysis Technicians
Program participation will require that you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a background check and drug screen
- Have an aptitude, experience and /or strong interest in health care in allied health
- Meet income eligibility requirements
- Meet minimum education and English language requirements (High School Diploma/GED preferred)
- Provide proof that you can legally work in the United States
- Provide documentation to determine eligibility
- Be able to attend, fully participate, and successfully complete all aspects of the program
Intake and Assessment
In addition to meeting the above eligibility requirements, student candidates:
- Take a TABE Test in Reading and Math to meet educational levels for specific courses
- Complete and submit medical and drug clearance forms
- Participate in the intake conference session
For more information, please call (718) 664-2537
The Pipeline program will also offer health-career contextualized GED exam preparation for individuals who do not have a high school diploma or its equivalent. Participants will receive supportive services that include case management, childcare, transportation assistance, examination preparation courses, tutoring, enhanced career-focused internships, and job placement and retention assistance.
The emphasis of the Pipeline program is to encourage participants to focus on long-term career goals. Graduate of the Pipeline Program will receive career and academic counseling for admission to Hostos' LPN certificate and allied health career associate degree programs.
Hostos Community college is at 500 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10451.
For more free job training programs, please visit Job Search Central at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.