Are you looking for a career in the construction trade?
The Chinese-American Planning Council, Workforce Development Division, Construction Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program can get you there!
Construction Pre-Apprenticeship is an intensive 17-week training program whose graduates go on to work in the construction trades, including carpentry, sheet metal, electrical, environmental assessment, and lead and asbestos abatement.
- Certifications can include Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA 10), 40-hour Hazardous waste worker, CPR, scaffold and much more…
- Training, transportation, and licensing fees are provided at no cost to you.
- Average salary per hour $16.
- Job Placement Assistance for graduates.
- Able to perform 8 hours of physical labor each day
- Travel to job sites throughout the city every day
- Between 18-25 years old
- An American Citizen or Naturalized Immigrant
- Have a valid State ID card or Drivers License
- Able to pass a math and reading test at the 8th grade level
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED at the time of application
- Be unemployed and/or have a low income
- Able to attend class Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm for 17 weeks
How to apply:
In order to apply, you must attend an orientation which is held Every Monday at 9:30 am at 165 Eldridge Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10002.
Travel directions: Take B/D train to Grand Street or F train to Delancey Street.
No one will be admitted to enter after that time.
At Orientation you MUST have the following documents with you:
- Birth Certificate/Citizenship Status
- Social Security Card
- Valid State Identitication
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Income
- High School Diploma/GED
For more information, please call Chinese-American Planning Council at 212-941-0041.
If you want to learn more about free job training programs, please visit Job Search Central, Science Industry and Business Library online or in person at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.